This page is an archive of the discussion about the proposed deletion of the article below. This page is no longer live. Further comments should be made on the article's talk page rather than here so that this page is preserved as an historic record.
The result of the debate was delete. Block compress error: pending deletion. Joyous 02:09, Mar 9, 2005 (UTC)
Apparently, this female boxer has never won a match and lost twice; once to Holly Dunaway and once to (figure skater) Tonya Harding. With 53 google hits , is this a noteworthy sportsperson? Please explain your vote during the discussion. GRider\talk 22:34, 3 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Keep, You must have Googled incorrectly - I get 90 hits with "boxer" and 235 hits with "boxing". Article needs expansion. Megan1967 23:19, 3 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Yes, as a clarification you may receive approximately 90 hits with "+boxer" only if you fail to filter out the Wikipedia mirrors with "-wikipedia". GRider\talk 00:07, 4 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete A boxer who's fought 2 matches isn't notable. Hell, I've boxed more than that. Andrew Lenahan - Starblind 00:55, Mar 4, 2005 (UTC)
- Delete non-notable boxer. ComCat 02:28, 4 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Concur with Starblind, Delete. Radiant! 09:45, Mar 4, 2005 (UTC)
- Delete not notable. I've been in more matches than her, too. I'm not that good, but I've never lost to a figure skater (I hope). --Deathphoenix 06:44, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Weak Keep Marine 69-71
- History is full of great boxers who lost their first few bouts, only to go on and become great boxers. I can name Alexis Arguello, Henry Armstrong, Ricardo Mayorga, Wilfredo Vazquez, Luvi Callejas and the list goes on and on. I can be here one hour listing those who lost their first one or two bouts to become all time greats later on. Based on that, I'd say a half-hearted keep, and lets see what happens with her in the future. Later on, we should delete if she doesnt do anything good in the sport of women's boxing. "Antonio KO Girl Martin"
- I think we should approach this in a similar way to how we approach bands. Non-notable startup bands are usually deleted. I think this boxer is a similar startup boxer. If she establishes herself, I'd be one of the first to say she warrants an article. However, in this case, she doesn't. --Deathphoenix 15:56, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Well, it's approaching 2 years now since the last of her two lost matches, during which she doesn't seem to have done anything. I'm sure stranger things have happened, but it doesn't seem like she's likely to bounce back into the ring anytime soon. In any case, I object to keeping anything on the basis of potential future achievements, unlikely or otherwise. Andrew Lenahan - Starblind 20:25, Mar 8, 2005 (UTC)
- Then it can be recreated then - David Gerard 16:27, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
- Delete - David Gerard 16:27, 8 Mar 2005 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and, like some other VfD subpages, is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue, the deletion, or the decision-making process should be placed on the relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.