Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Sonnesyn Elementary School
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
This page is an archive of the discussion surrounding the proposed deletion of the page entitled Sonnesyn Elementary School.
This page is kept as an historic record.
The result of the debate was that the article was kept due to lack of consensus to delete.
Just another non-notable elementary school. - Lucky 6.9 21:56, 17 May 2004 (UTC)
- Keep, same as the other schools. This one has a lot of good info waiting to be made into a fine article. Everyking 22:13, 17 May 2004 (UTC)
- Advert now, but could be kept and made into a short article.Beelzebubs 22:33, 17 May 2004 (UTC)
- Keep This is part of a series of schools gazeeter-style dumped here. How is a small school not encyclopedic? I get hits of Google. If some If we run into a conflict with name we can disambig it. Burgundavia 23:04, May 17, 2004 (UTC)
- Keep - potential for a useful factual article. Disk is cheap. - TB 06:18, 18 May 2004 (UTC)@
- Delete. I will vote to delete on any school article that does not include some reasonable explanation of why the school is notable. See User:Dpbsmith/schools for rationale. Dpbsmith 15:48, 18 May 2004 (UTC) P. S. If anyone makes it into a reasonable article before the comment period expires, I'll change my vote. The problem I have with comments such as those of Everyking, Burgundavia, and TB is: who is going to improve the article? I certainly can't do it. I don't know the school, and Google doesn't have anything interesting on it. (it's within 2.5 miles of a nuclear waste transportation route... fascinating...). If the author of the article didn't know anything interesting or notable about the school, it's very unlikely that anyone else will. If one of the people who thinks it can be improved will step up to the plate and improve it, I will, of course, change my vote.Dpbsmith 15:55, 18 May 2004 (UTC)
- As of this writing, It doesn't seem to have improved noticeably. Dpbsmith 23:29, 19 May 2004 (UTC)
- Delete. There exists no clear consensus on what to do with school articles, but as there is no suggestion of why this school is any more notable than any average school given in the article, I personally see no particular reason why Wikipedia should turn into a planet-wide version of Yellow Pages and include this. Average Earthman 16:10, 18 May 2004 (UTC)
- Comment: We need a policy on this, see Wikipedia talk:Deletion policy/schools but note that this is just a talk page, there is no corresponding policy page yet. Andrewa 20:59, 18 May 2004 (UTC)
- Let's start a "Wikischools" for these articles. And store the database on /dev/null. Dpbsmith 22:43, 18 May 2004 (UTC)
- Delete. Primary schools are generally not encyclopedic. Who reads this anyway? Universities, yeah, those qualify. JFW | T@lk 23:30, 18 May 2004 (UTC)
- Delete: not notable. Wile E. Heresiarch 02:39, 19 May 2004 (UTC)
- Delete on general principle. Primary schools are not notable. Isomorphic 19:28, 19 May 2004 (UTC)
This page is now preserved as an archive of the debate and is no longer 'live'. Subsequent comments on the issue should be placed on other relevant 'live' pages. Please do not edit this page.